- A Note About Children.We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13.
- A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
- Types of Data We Collect.“Personal Data”means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
a – Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- When you register for our newsletter, one of our conferences, for our journal or any other service we provide, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including – but not limited to – your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you send us.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We may also collect Personal Data, at other points in our Site, that state that Personal Data is being collected.
b.- Information you provide to us as part of the peer review and manuscript transmission process.
- This site is hosted in part for our journal to facilitate the manuscript submission and peer review process. It collects information such as name, email address, telephone number, postal address, affiliation, areas of expertise, IP address, and system usage. This information is collected to secure the site, facilitate submission and evaluation of manuscripts and related files, facilitate communications regarding manuscript submissions and peer reviews, assess compliance with editorial and ethical policies and assess possible violations, help manage conflicts of interest, improve the quality of the editorial and peer review processes, and track/report on submissions and system usage.
- These data may be shared with journal editors, editorial staff, and others that participate in the editorial and peer review processes. For manuscripts accepted for publication, data also are shared with publishing staff and external vendors to facilitate the publication process and post-publication distribution, such as hosting companies, and bibliometric indexers.
- Accepted manuscripts are stored for 3 years and rejected manuscripts are stored for 1 year to allow for assessment of errors and other concerns after publication and author appeals of decisions. Meta data about manuscripts and peer reviews and authorship and permission forms are stored indefinitely to help manage the publication process and monitor journal performance.
- By proceeding further, you are agreeing to these terms and warrant that you have permission to provide this information related to any co-authors and that we may store and use your/their information with respect to manuscript submissions and peer reviews.
b – Information Collected via Technology.
- To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
Cookies are small text files that web servers typically send to users’ computer when they visit a website. Cookies are stored as text files on users’ hard drive and can be accessed by web servers when the user visits a website or views an advertisement. A session cookie is a cookie that stores information as a user is using the Site but is deleted once the browser session is finished. A persistent cookie is a cookie that stores information as a user utilizes the Site and stores and uses that information in connection with future visits of the user to the Site. Third-party cookies and/or web beacons are cookies or web beacons provided by our technology and/or advertising partners. Any third-party cookie or web beacon that we authorize for use on the Site only collects that information described below for the same stated purposes as if we were directly collecting the information. For a third-party cookie or web beacon, the third-party will have access to the collected information in order to provide us with information or services to enhance the performance and functionality of the Site.
The cookies and web beacons we use collect non-personally identifiable information about users of the Site including browser used to access the site, date and time, the URL of the page being loaded, users who have visited a particular website(s), any previously assigned cookie identification (a unique identifier assigned to a user to identify repeat visitors), browser window size, the geographic location of the user, device and operating system used to access the Site. The information we collect from these cookies and web beacons is used to determine information about a user’s visit to our Site, including the number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed, navigation history through the website, and other statistics. This information is used to enhance the users experience while visiting our Site and to improve the performance of our Site by, among other things, allowing us to monitor Site performance, making the Site easier to use, measuring the effectiveness of promotional placements, and tailoring the Site (including the ads and offers a user receives) to better match a user’s interests and preferences.
Users who prefer not to accept cookies can set their Internet browser to notify them when they receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being placed on their hard drive. If you consent to our collection of cookies and you subsequently wish to withdraw your consent, you will need to manage the settings on your web browser to delete all cookies and disallow further acceptance of cookies. Please note that disabling cookies on your browser will prevent us from tracking your activities in relations to our Site, however, it may also disable some of the functions and features of the Site and the Site may not work properly.
If you would like to determine your consent status, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not wish to accept cookies or web beacons in connection with your use of this Site, please discontinue use of the Site.
c – Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to use our services or register for one of our conferences, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
d – Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from third parties. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
- Use of Your Personal Data
a – General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services, for other marketing purposes of Company, and regarding relevant partner offers.
b – Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. Company reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
a – Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company.
- Third Party Data Collection.
a – Information Disclosed to Ad Networks. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. These companies may collect and use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services to you.
b - We work with third party vendors to provide a more customized experience for you. To do so, we disclose personally identifiable information about you (specifically, your name and email address) to those vendors, though we do not allow them to re-sell or use that information for their own purposes.
- Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
a – Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
(i) We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
(iii) If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
b – Changes to Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
- Security of Your Personal Data.Company is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Company uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Plantrician Project
PO Box 741596
Boynton Beach, FL 33474